This week we meet with Eimear Stassin, who guides us on a venture into the unknown… 

 “There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don’t know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don’t know we don’t know.” Donald Rumsfeld

This infamous quote is attributed to Donald Rumsfeld, What he is referring to is the Johari Window Model.

Created by Joseph Luft and Harry Ingham, it’s a model that I return often. There is so much that is unknown within each of us.  5% of our thinking is conscious.  The remaining 95% is subconscious. 

It is within that 95% that our Johari windowpower lies.

It is within that 95% where our resources

It is within that 95% where we access our personal Superpowers!

I introduce this model in my Group Leadership Training to empower leaders to be curious about what is possible in work and life.

To explore what they would like to happen as a way of turning attention towards their big dreams and visions.  I ask leaders to consider where they currently are – this is the edge of their knowing. I guide them to take steps beyond that knowing edge, venturing (safely) into the unknown.

When I’m coaching individual clients, new paths emerge that they say were not there before, new ways of being emerge like magic and a clarity appears that did not exist for them before the coaching.  While it is just like magic, this is the power of delving into the 95% subconscious superpowers that we all possess.

It is in this unknown arena where new insights, creativity, innovation and possibility lie. Waiting to be discovered by you, with the help of a good trainer and coach.

Enjoy integrating this into your personal leadership. 

If you like what you read and would like to find out more, you can visit me at www.stassin.co.uk where you’ll also find links to my social media platforms.

Big thanks Eimear for this insightful piece. 

Do you have an article you’d love to share? I am looking for contributors who are interested in sharing articles on the topics of personal development, learning and social justice. Simply email me your ideas.